Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Feelin Pretty Good

Yesterday was a record setting day for me.  Before yesterday the longest distance I have run since I started back up a few weeks ago was 3.2 miles.  Last night I hit 4.25.  4.25 miles! I don't think I have ever run that far at one time in my whole life.  Needless to say I was pretty proud of myself.  Still am.  And the odd thing is that I expected my legs to be so stiff today, but no.  I haven't felt the slightest bit of discomfort.  Will I run that far every night?  I doubt it.  Although it felt great, and I thoroughly enjoyed the quality time I got to spend alone with my iTunes, that run took almost an hour.  Sadly I do not think I can commit to putting in that kind of time every day or even every other day.  My goal at present is to run 2-3 miles during the week and shoot for 4 or more on the weekends. 

I am also proud to say that as of about an hour ago we are expecting the delivery of a pair of Keds Saddle shoes from Amazon, as well as a backpack, lunchbox, and water bottle from Pottery Barn Kids.  AND if that weren't enough Miss Haley has reservations at Pump It Up for her birthday party in August.  So I am feeling pretty good right now and loving that I can cross some things off my to do list.  So good in fact that I think I will reward myself by taking the rest of the night off.  Time to pour a glass of wine and find something on t.v.  Goodnight!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment